According to the Harvard Business Review companies that have a health and wellness program have increased productivity, better work-life balance, less absenteeism and fewer workers compensation cases.
Many companies see health and wellness programs as an unnecessary cost, however according to the latest research, the return on investment is obvious and companies with programs in place are seeing the benefits.
Johnson and Johnson’s leaders estimate that their wellness programs have cumulatively saved the company $250 million on health care costs over the past decade; from 2002 to 2008, the return was $2.71 for every dollar spent.
At Biltmore tourism enterprise, the rate of staff turnover was 9% in 2009, down from 19% in 2005. When Biltmore staff do leave, they are asked what they will miss the most and they all say “The Health and Wellness Program”.
There are a number of reasons why staff and company benefits from such programs:
1) Increases loyalty- Showing you care about your staff and their future health, promotes loyalty and decreases staff turnover.
2) Reduces sick days- Prevention is key. When you have a health and wellness program in place, staff tend to eat well, exercise and have better mindset.
3) Better work environment- less stress promotes healthier and happier more vibrant and fun workplace.
Here are a few things that you can implement today to increase your work health environment without a budget.
1) Organise a run/walk at lunch with workmates. This will increase staff energy, increase fitness and build strong relationships.
2) Stand up as much as possible at work. Sitting is the “new smoking” and can cause numerous health issues.
3) Order a shared fruit basket at work.
4) Promote sugar free/alcohol free/junk food free months.
5) Send health information to your workmates, such as healthy recipes or exercises to do at their desk.
6) Order healthy options for meetings.
7) Enrol in walks/runs as a team.
8) Lead by example. “Be the change you wish to see in the world”
Complete City Health has a range of corporate health services:
- Health and wellness fairs
- Lunch and learn seminars
- Ergonomic Assessments
- Yoga or Pilates at work
- Corporate massage
If you would like to learn more about our services or to book a FREE triall of any of our corporate services, please call 92991661 or BOOK HERE.