TRUST OUR EXPERIENCED PODIATRIST TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR ORTHOTICS
Custom orthotics are prescription shoe inserts that help to support, align and control your feet and lower limbs. Designed exclusively to your feet, our podiatrist uses new and accurate 3D scanning technology to produce a perfect replica of your foot in order to manufacture a perfect orthotic fit.
A custom orthotic can only be prescribed after a thorough biomechanical has been completed. This comprises of our podiatrist putting the joints of your feet and ankles through their range of motion, identifying your foot posture (Excessive rolling in / high arches), assessing muscle strength and flexibility, measuring limb length discrepancies, and a visual gait (walking or running) analysis.
Conditions treated via custom orthotics include:
- Heel spur syndrome
- Flat feet or high arches
- Knee pain
- Patella maltracking
- Shin splints
- Growth pains
- Ankle instability
- Arch pain
- Forefoot pain - under ball of the foot
- Lower back pain
- Leg length discrepancy
- Illiotibial Band Syndrome
- Prevention of abnormal wear and tear of muscles & ligaments, and of ankle, knee & hip joints
- Prevention of abnormal shoe wear
- Increased ease of shoe fit for abnormal foot shapes
- For children - treatment of growth pains, to help correct abnormal foot posture
Made from quality and durable materials, your custom orthotics should feel good to wear. Our podiatrist will ensure that your custom orthotics are comfortable and functioning appropriately to achieve our treatment goal.
The computer aided designed orthotics allow precise alignment, by using digital angulation and precise manufacturing.
- They will not flatten more quickly than hard orthotics.
- They are not as bulky and heavy as they used to be with the old rigid type of orthotics
- They can now be made very slim-line and fit into normal shoes - even some dressy shoes.
- The new computerised materials are flexible, yet supportive.
- They are more flexible than the older rigid orthotics, making them more comfortable for you to wear. This flexibility allows them to 'bend' with your foot when walking and running to preserve the foot' s natural cushioning mechanisms whilst also correcting any abnormal biomechanics.